MISSIONS - Local and Global
“Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
CBF Missions engages the world, both locally and globally, with the saving message of Jesus Christ and to disciple people to become faithful life-long followers of Jesus. (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8) We partner with missionaries and missions organizations, striving to meet these objectives:
- To present the Good News of Jesus Christ throughout the world (Romans 10:13-15; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Jude 22-23).
- To make obedient disciples of Jesus Christ among all peoples. (Matt 28:19-20; Mk 16:15; Lk 24:46-49).
- To obey Jesus Christ by professing Him before the world as Lord through our words and actions (Matt 10:32-33; 25:41-46; 1 Jn 4:2-3).
- To minister to the totality of human needs by providing food, water, shelter, clothing, and provide jobs if necessary to those in need. (Matt 10:42; 25:31-46; Lk 16:19-31).
OUR MISSIONS PARTNERS
- Stan and Merrily Cundiff, serving with CrossWorld Ministries in Spain, providing respite care and counseling for missionaries.
- Samaritan’s Purse, the Franklin Graham-led ministry centered on providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
- Public Servant’s Prayer, providing prayer and pastoral care in the political arena.
- Chosen People Ministries, serving Jewish people everywhere by providing prayer, evangelism, and discipleship.
- Chris Mason, serving with Horizon Ministry in orphan care, Christian education, relief and church planting in five African countries.
- Send Relief, helping to make a difference in our own community and around the world by responding to natural disasters, caring for refugees and displaced families, fighting human trafficking, supporting adoption and foster care efforts and strengthening communities facing economic and physical crises.
- Heart for Lebanon, serving families living in despair by helping meet physical needs, providing access to education, and building authentic relationships that allow us to introduce them to the hope that is found in Jesus Christ.
Some of the ways CBF supports missions and missionaries is by:
- Providing help for disaster relief
- Collecting donations for local homeless organizations
- Supporting evangelism and discipleship of Jewish people around the world
- Encouraging prayer for elected public servants
- Praying for missionaries in Eastern Asia and Taiwan
- Hosting missionaries attending special events
Each October, CBF presents a Missions Conference featuring indigenous leaders who are directing vital ministries in their home countries.