Membership at Community Bible Fellowship serves four primary purposes:
1. It gives you “ownership” and a greater “commitment” to the work of the local church.
2. It gives you the opportunity to be a part of the decision making process as we work together for a positive ministry emphasis.
3. It gives you the opportunity to serve in the church in a position of leadership that benefits both yourself and the local body of believers.
4. It provides a means of accountability for both the church and the member.
Qualifications for membership at Community Bible Fellowship:
- Believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Be baptized as a Christian
- Be committed to Christian growth
- Be committed to giving Jesus Christ your time, talent and treasure
- Be supportive of our Church and in agreement with CBF’s doctrinal statement and bylaws
- Be faithful in attendance and participation
The process for membership at Community Bible Fellowship:
- Submit an application and written testimony of your personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior to one of the pastors or elders.
- Desire to live a life separated from sinful habits of the flesh and worldliness.
- Evidence a burden for those without Jesus Christ as Savior and desire to be used to share the Gospel.
- Be in agreement with our full Statement of Faith, agree to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of CBF, and sign the “Church Membership Agreement” (Appendix A of the Constitution and By-laws of CBF). You can request a copy of that Statement of Faith in the Constitution and By-Laws by clicking on the link below.
- Confirm that you have been baptized as a believer.
- Demonstrate a commitment to one another and to God by consistently giving of your time talents and financial support to the ministry of the Church.
- Meet with a pastor and/or an elder to review the above areas, and upon a positive vote by the Church body, be accepted into membership.